The Start of the Journey from nothing to a Warhammer 40,000 adventure at Black Dragon Miniatures in Hinckley

  

So after reading through some old White Dwarfs and reminiscing about my youth, I thought it would be a great idea to help build the community in our FLGS to offer a big discount to four lucky hobbyists to start a journey into the 41st Millennium as I had done back in the late 1980`s early 1990`s.

So here is the thing, its a tale of 4 gamers, I am after committed individuals who want to get into the Warhammer 40k and can commit, build, paint and play some games over the next 4 months.

In return for there commitment we will give them a huge 20% discount on their in store purchases, and this will also include direct only items, except expert kits (however these can be purchased within normal budget if required).

So here is the plan, each gamer will have to select a faction either standard or legacy and purchase £100`s worth of models in month 1 to get started, they will have a 2 week window to decide and purchase there first force, as the Tale will start 1st September, they will need to build and paint this starting force by the end of September along with submitted their own thoughts, challenges and WIP pictures for us to post here.  Failure will incur a penalty of 10% discount if the first challenge is failed.

Month 2 will see the army grow, by spending no more than £50 on extra units to flesh out the force, with again the same conditions being built, painted and write up by the end of October.

Month 3 will see the army grow, by spending no more than £50 on extra units to flesh out the force, with again the same conditions being built, painted and write up by the end of November.

Example below

Month 1 I decided on a Space Marine Dark Angels force, so I bought the Dark Angel Combat Patrol at a mighty £105.00 which seemed a great starting point, but with the store discount for the Tale of 4 Gamers it came in at £84 and £16 under budget, which I can carry over to next month.  

Month 2 So with a whopping £66 net figure this month I really wanted a vehicle of some sort, so went for a classic Predator Annihilator  at £47.50 and a Outrider Squad at £40, which came in at £70.00 leaving still £14.00 in the budget, not much I can get for that so will hold it over to the final month.

Month 3 I knew I wanted the rule of cool, which is my by-word so went for a Chaplain on bike to join the Outriders and a Venerable Dreadnought to offer more firepower coming in at £75.50 but with the discount supplied by the FLGS left me with £3.60 under budget and completing my force for the upcoming battles.

Comprising 

1 x Captain in Gravis Armour

3 x Bladeguard Veterans

5 x Hellblasters

10 x Intercessors

1 x Predator Annihilator 

3 x Outriders with Chaplain on Bike

1 x Venerable Dreadnought

Total Points 985 points 



So lets see who wants to take the plunge!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Start of the Journey from nothing to an Old World adventure at Black Dragon Miniatures in Hinckley